Alternatives For Girls is always actively seeking motivated mentors, who are ready to make an impact and fully embrace the girls and young women we serve. Mentoring relationships are a shared opportunity for learning and growth.
AFG aims to match all of its Asset Building program participants with a mentor. Asset Building is a program within the Prevention Program, and it helps girls and young women find self-esteem, improve grade-point average, reject drugs and alcohol, pregnancy prevention, and discover untapped talents. These are some of the experiences girls have as they build their character on a foundation of positive choices.
Steps to becoming a mentor
- Must be 18 years or older
- Commit to at least one year
- Complete various background checks
Benefits of being a mentor
- Have fun
- Personal growth and development
- Making a difference in the life of youth
- Monthly mentor training and mentor-mentee events
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity
For more information regarding mentorship opportunities, please email Staci Irvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.