AFG is grateful for our community’s continued generosity and support. Please view our complete wish list and donations policy for more information.
As Alternatives For Girls (AFG) continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are also mindful of its potential impact on our participants, staff, donors, sponsors, and community partners.
Our first priority is everyone’s health and wellbeing. We are taking all reasonable steps to continue to serve and protect our participants, who may be more vulnerable now than ever, and also to protect our staff, volunteers, and all from this virus.
We appreciate the many donors who have reached out to us out of concern for our participants and our overall community. Because of your commitment and investment in AFG as a donor, volunteer, and/or supporter, we intend to keep you apprised of our plans and actions as we cope with these challenging circumstances.
We are so appreciative of the in-kind donations that we receive from our donors.
We are current NOT taking gently used clothing and shoes
At this time, to do our part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19, we are respectfully asking that only the following items will be accepted:
- Women’s socks and underwear. All must be new and in original packaging with tags on.
- Women’s business casual attire (khakis, polo tops, blouses, skirts, shoes). All must be new and in original packaging with tags on.
- Cleaning/Disinfectant Products
- Hygiene Products
- Canned/Non-perishable Foods (soups, fruit cups, soft granola bars, prepackaged tuna or chicken pouches)
- Bottled Water (cases)
- Juice Boxes (cases)
- Snack-size crackers, fruit snacks, chips, pretzels, etc.)
- Gift Cards (Kroger, Meijer, Target, Gas, Uber, VISA, etc.)
Thank you in advance for your anticipated support. We hope that again in the near future, we will be able to open up our policy to accept many more items.