FAQs - Alternatives For Girls

If you feel your safety is threatened, you can quickly exit this website by pressing the Escape key or clicking the X in the bottom right-hand corner.






Making a Gift

Are donations tax deductible?

Yes! Alternatives For Girls is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your donation is tax-deductible, in accordance with current laws. You will receive a donation receipt after your gift is made.

When will my credit card be charged?

Your credit card will be charged immediately. If you sign up for a recurring gift, your credit card will be charged immediately, and on the second Friday of the month, either monthly, quarterly, or annually, depending on the recurring gift you choose, thereafter.

Can I make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one?

Yes, absolutely! Simply select the type of tribute you would like to make in the Donation section of the online donation form. If you would like the honoree or a family member of the honoree to be notified of your gift, provide their name and address and we will send them a notification letter. The dollar amount of your donation will not be included in their notification letter.

What if I want my donation(s) to be anonymous?

No problem! When making a donation, please click the “I wish for all of my gifts to be anonymous” box in the Contact Information section. When you select this box, we will omit your name from all public donor recognition listings, including the listing in our annual report.

What is Alternatives For Girls’ tax id number?

Alternatives For Girls’ Federal Tax ID number (also known as an EIN, Employer Identification Number) is 38-2766412.

Can I donate an endowment?

An endowment is a pool of assets – a portion of which is made available for charitable purposes annually. Donors who want to support our endowment can make an online contribution here by selecting Alternatives For Girls from the dropdown menu.

Sign up to stay informed