Updated In-kind Donation Policy
EFFECTIVE: October 22, 2020
As Alternatives For Girls (AFG) continues to monitor the rapidly changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, our first priority is everyone’s health and wellbeing.
We are taking all reasonable steps to continue to serve and protect our participants, who may be more vulnerable now than ever, and also to protect our staff, volunteers, and all from this virus.
We appreciate the many donors who have reached out to us out of concern for our participants and our overall community. Because of your commitment and investment in AFG as a donor, volunteer, and/or supporter, we intend to keep you apprised of our plans and actions as we cope with these challenging circumstances.
We are so appreciative of the in-kind donations that we receive from our donors.
At this time, as we continue to do our part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19, we are respectfully asking that only the following items be donated:
- Winter Coats, hats, gloves and scarves
- Yoga pants/sweatpants, sweatshirts
- School supplies
- Women’s and men’s socks and underwear, as well as bras (must be new)
- Canned/non-perishable foods (soups, fruit cups, soft granola bars, prepackaged tuna or chicken pouches)
- Hand warmers
- Full sized lotion, body wash, deodorant, hair care products and body wipes
- Bottled water, juice boxes and kid friendly snacks (cases)
- Gift cards (Kroger, Meijer, Target, Gas, VISA, Lyft/Uber, etc.)
Check out our online wish list at Amazon.
Please reach out to Taylor Gawlik at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to ordering and/or dropping off (or with any questions), so that we can track what is coming in.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated support. We hope that again in the near future, we will be able to open up our policy to accept many more items.
To download a copy of our In-Kind policy click here!