In-Kind Donation Policy
Updated: October 1, 2021
Alternatives For Girls appreciates the many donors who have reached out to us throughout the pandemic asking how you can continue to support the needs of our participants and residents through in-kind donations. Thank you so much!
As we continue to keep health and safety at the front of all we do for those we serve, we are still being cautious as to the in-kind items we are accepting at this time.
Please note that we are currently unable to accept gently used clothing and our building is still not open to the public on a regular basis.
At this time, we are accepting the following items:
· Yoga pants/sweatpants, sweatshirts, woman’s t-shirts (S-XXL) (must be new)
· Women’s and men’s socks and underwear, as well as bras (must be new)
· Mittens, gloves and scarves for girls and women
· Canned/non-perishable foods (soups, fruit cups, soft granola bars, prepackaged tuna or chicken pouches)
· Hygiene Items (body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, body lotion, lip balm)
· Diapers (all sizes needed)
· Bottled water, juice boxes and kid friendly snacks (cases)
· Gift cards (Kroger, Meijer, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Gas, VISA, Lyft/Uber, etc.)
CLICK HERE to check out our Amazon online wish list at:
If you are interested in dropping off items on our list or purchasing them online and having them shipped directly to us, please reach out to Katie Couture, Special Events & Development Coordinator at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Items can be shipped directly to: AFG, 903 W. Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48208