Including Alternatives For Girls in your will or estate plans will impact the lives of young women and girls for many years to come. Planned gifts can be made through your estate or financial plans and can include bequests designated in a will or living trust, as well as life income gifts. By supporting the future of Alternatives For Girls in this way, you are creating a legacy for the principles and values most important to you.
Naming Alternatives For Girls in Your Will
Your will affirms, honors, and protects what matters most to you. Through a specific bequest, you can name a particular dollar amount, or through a residuary bequest, you can give all or part of what is remaining after payment of debts, expenses, and specific bequests. If you would like to make such a gift to Alternatives For Girls, your attorney may wish to include language similar to the following:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to Alternatives For Girls or its successor, now or formerly at 903 W. Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48208-2365, a gift of ($_____ or _____ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate), to be used for its general purposes.”
Donations of Stock and IRA Distributions
Stock Gifts: Unlock the Power of Giving Through Stocks
At Alternatives For Girls, we welcome and appreciate your support in various forms, including stock gifts. Donating appreciated stock is a tax-efficient way to contribute to our mission. Here’s how you can make a stock gift:
- Contact Your Broker to initiate the stock transfer.
- Provide Necessary Information: Share our brokerage account details with your broker –
- Brokerage Firm: UBS
- Account Contact: Rachelle Nozero, 248-645-8711
325 N Old Woodward, Suite 200, Birmingham, MI (use this only for donations of stock)
- Account Name: Alternatives For Girls
- DTC Number: 0221
- Notify Us: Please provide us with the name(s) of the stock, the quantity of shares, and the designation(s) for the gift. This notification enables us to monitor our account for the anticipated transfer and ensures the accurate processing of your generous contribution. Please send stock details to Cecile Aitchison at email@example.com.
IRA Minimum Required Distributions (MRDs): Make a Difference with your Required Distributions
For those 72 Years Old and Older
If you are 72 years of age or older, you may be required to take a Minimum Required Distribution (MRD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Consider supporting Alternatives For Girls with your MRD:
- Direct Distribution: Instruct your IRA custodian to make a direct a distribution to Alternatives For Girls.
- Tax Advantages: Reduce your taxable income by contributing your MRD to a qualified charitable organization.
- Contact Us: Reach out to Cecile Aitchison at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us about your MRD gift. We want to make sure you are thanked properly.
- Impactful Giving: Your MRD can make a meaningful impact in supporting our mission.
Individuals 59½ Years Old or Older
Even at 59½ years old, you can take a distribution and then make a gift from your IRA without penalty! It is important you itemize your deductions then take a charitable deduction for the amount of your gift.
Why Choose Alternatives For Girls for Your Contributions?
- Transparency: We are committed to transparency in our operations, ensuring your contributions are utilized effectively.
- Impact: Your donations directly help us expand our reach into new communities and enhance our programs for the coming years.
- Community: Join a community of like-minded individuals working towards a common goal.
Thank you for considering Alternatives For Girls for your charitable contributions. Your generosity fuels our mission and helps us make a lasting impact.
If you have any other questions about how to make a gift to AFG, please call Cecile Aitchison @ 207-274-1411.
Other Ways to Give
You might also consider naming Alternatives For Girls as a beneficiary in your retirement plan, insurance policy, or bank and investment accounts. Depending on the plan, Alternatives For Girls can be named as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary. You will need the following information:
903 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48208-2365
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 38-2766412