Originally a small volunteer-run program, operating a five-bed emergency shelter in a neighborhood church, Alternatives For Girls (AFG) has evolved into a multi-service agency with over 50 employees. Last year, more than 300 volunteers gave approximately 9,000 hours of their time and talents to AFG.
Every month, Alternatives For Girls opens its doors to the community for an in-depth overview of our history and mission. Throughout the hour-long visit, guest will learn about AFG programs, ways to volunteer, and tour the facility. Anyone interested in becoming an AFG volunteer is encouraged to attend an open house as the first step in the new volunteer process.
Upcoming open house dates:
To RSVP for an open house please contact, Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Volunteer at Alternatives For Girls
- AFG Volunteer Corps: Corps volunteers are vital to AFG’s mission to meet girls and women where they are, provide access to safe shelter, crisis support, and so much more. Volunteers are able to serve in various roles, depending on interest, skills, and availability. Individuals interested in joining the AFG Volunteer Corps will need to complete the following: attend an open house, complete the Volunteer application.
- Corporate & Civic Group Volunteers: Family, friends, and colleagues are welcome to volunteer together at Alternatives For Girls for a one-time project or special event.
To volunteer with a group, please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com.
Alternatives For Girls offers several internship opportunities. To apply for an internship at AFG, you must be enrolled in an accredited college or university course that requires an internship. Please note, all internships are unpaid.
- Social Work
- Bachelors and Master levels
- Liberal Arts
- Family & Child Services
- Women/Gender Studies
- Non-Profit Management
- Business Administration
- Public Health Administration
- Human Resources Management
Limited placements available
- Fall Semester
- June 1st
- Winter Semester
- October 1st
- Summer Semester
- February 1st
For more information regarding volunteer or intern opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.